Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Guests



The last couple of days I had two guests - Belinda and Honey, her dog. He loved the bed! We had a really good time, catching up on life, talking, laughing, eating, and going for walks. Amazingly enough, my little abode was big enough for all of us. We went for a walk on a little nature trail by the river, and met up with a swan family. They weren't too enthused about Honey, but decided not to swim away, either. Pretty cool.
Otherwise I tend to my duties at the school, watering and taking care of the house-plants, and keeping the flowerbeds outside in decent shape. It could be a big job, but I have been told it does not have to be perfect, and I can do a little at a time, limiting the work to just a few hours a week. I am thrilled to have this as my work, it allows me to set my own hours, and I also get to dig in the dirt and be outside in the sun. If I want a week off, I can just let my supervisor know, and some of the school staff will take over. All that to say it is quite flexible, and it gives me time to do other things also. Which is what I am doing today :-)


1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about Norway. I've always secretly felt like I belonged there, even though I couldn't understand you and the girls.

    ReplyDelete