Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vacation on the coast






Here are a few pictures from my vacation at my sister's summer place on the south coast of Norway. Starting with the morning mist just before sun-rise at 4:50am. Five minutes later that sight was gone and the sun was up.
We spent quite a bit of time outside, on the water and in the water :-), enjoying the beautiful weather and the beauty of the coastal area there. Boaters were out most of the time, and many stayed overnight in their boats or in tents on the tiny islands. One night we did the same. We "celebrated" the 4th of July with camp-fire, grilling, sleeping in a tent (yes, I got a little sleep), and the next morning a cold refreshing dip in the ocean next to where we had our tent. The last picture is from the sun-set where we anchored the boat that night. The guys slept in the boat (my brother-in-law and their son). One of the best vacations I have ever had! I am so thankful for that refreshing time.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos, Mildrid! It sounds like you're still refreshed even with the memory of that time.
    Glad you're online again... and it's nice to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete